Friday, March 26, 2010

Dixie Chicken Bridals; College Station Photographer

When this bride-to-be, Kelsey, first contacted me about doing her bridals I was both apprehensive and excited to shoot them as she wanted them done at The Dixie Chicken and I knew that would require flash photography (something that's not exactly my forte). The groom's cake is a tiny miniature of The Chicken and she wanted her bridal portrait to match. I'm so glad I got outside of my comfort zone and got to shoot them. I think they came out so well! (Of course it didn't hurt that I had an absolutely stunning bride to work with!)








One hazard of shooting the Thursday before Spring Break was that most of the gentlemen at the Chicken were a bit sloshed and completely enamored with the idea of a girl doing Bridals at The Chicken and this one even insisted on being in a picture! It's just one of those things that adds to the experience I guess! ;)

Right outside the Chicken is an alleyway where people throw bottle caps and is thus dubbed, creatively, "Bottlecap Alley". It makes the most fabulous backdrop!

After the Chicken we headed to Downtown Bryan to get photos with a different flavor to them. The goal was as much variety as possible and I think we achieved it!









This one is my favorite. I LOVE these windows!





Isn't this birdcage veil fabulous? Kelsey made the brooch for it herself, she had a lot of little touches in her bridal ensemble that were special and unique and we tried to commemorate them all.



Aren't these shoes beautiful? The bride has a degree in horticulture and she got the tattoo on her foot with her fiance, so this was an important detail!

Which portrait was your favorite?

7 comments:

The Campbell Clan said...

I can't pick just one! Wow!!
But I do love the bottlecap alley, with the boots in the pic. They are all gorgeous though!
Great job!

Dawn said...

These are beautiful Sarah!! I love them all and I love how they tell a story, but I think the one in front of the blue wall is so stunning that I have to pick it as my fave. You just keep getting better and better. Well done!!

Lydia said...

Sarah, these are beautiful! Great job with the lighting, composition, and locations!

Becca said...

These are just stunning! I so regret not having you take my bridals...Bill Meeks and I were just not a good fit. :( But I am so so so glad you took pics at my wedding. They're my favorites and are so special. I know I've said it a million times, you're so talented!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE them all but the one of her in the arched doorway is stunning composition....

Unknown said...

your in trouble now....everyone is going to want you for bridals and weddings, these pictures were incredible~
your Mom

Gabby Malcuit said...

They're beautiful! I can't say which one I like best.