Saturday, November 21, 2009

Peyton

I shot the cutest little boy this other day! This is Peyton, isn't he a doll?

I got some good ones of his whole family too but I'm going to save those for the Christmas card and not reveal them here!

Love this one with his moma!

Okay, for all you moms and dads out there who shoot wiggly, prone-to-fake-smiles, preschoolers or toddlers I have a little tip for you that works for me oh, 98% of the time. Have the child growl/roar at you and then make a big show of being scared.

I tend to jump, and exclaim things like "You're SO scary!!! I must have jumped 3 feet!!!" The key is the response, the bigger the better. The child will then smile/laugh and you can get some natural smile shots from them. Trust me on this, you will get tired of this before the preschooler does! Of course this will get you a fair share of growling pictures, like this one below... which just might be my favorite picture ever!

Man, if I was his mom, that would be big on my wall :)

Anyways, that trick is what got us these natural smiles in the pictures below.





...and this one of him solemn, because he's just so adorable!

2 comments:

akhdesign said...

I think my heart just melted.

Lydia said...

LOVE that last picture!