Thursday, October 30, 2008

Trio

Of all the age groups I photograph, I think 2 and 3 year-olds are the most unpredictable. Not that they aren't fun little people to be around (some of my favorite subjects are this age) but they are the approximate age that is quickly bored with sitting still and not quite old enough to bribe.

I have a few tricks up my sleeve for clients of this age that I will blog about later for all you parents at home taking notes on how to shoot your preschooler. ;)

However, with this session I discovered one more trick to use. You see, I started the shoot with individual shots of the kids and I started with the two eldest, by the time it was the three-year-old's turn he was raring to go and barreled over to me for his "turn" to start. He did NOT want to be left out of anything the "big" kids were doing!

This is the eldest; lovely Miss Addie.


The middle child is handsome Mr. Zane.

Last, but not least, is Mr. Noah, who was such a breeze to photograph!



I love this picture in black and white as well, but her eyes are such an electric blue that I just had to post the color version.











1 comment:

Lydia said...

I'm looking forward to reading more of your tips! I've found the oldest to youngest thing to work well too. Sometimes too well. The little one will be trying to squeeze in the older one's pictures, lol. And you've got me wanting to see that one picture in b&w now!