Friday, April 9, 2010

Marko and Rebecca

Rebecca and Marko are friends of mine that I met through church. I did their engagement photographs last year, and now they are about to celebrate their first wedding anniversary!

When Rebecca contacted me about doing a couple shoot in the bluebonnets, she mentioned that she wanted to shoot them in her wedding dress before she had it dry cleaned and boxed! How awesome is that! After the wedding is the best time to take more adventurous pictures in your dress (get your money's worth out of it!) as you don't have to worry about ruining it.

So, at 7:15 in the morning I'm wearing two cardigans (I'm a delicate flower like that), tramping through knee high wet bluebonnets and listening to my shoes squeak because of how much water is filling them. I was pretty sure at that point that any other client would have said "You know...I'm not so sure this is going to work", but Rebecca and Marko were such troopers and were willing to do any poses that I suggested. Sit in the wet flowers in her wedding dress? Sure! Hold hands and look towards the morning sun so I can do some backlighting? Done.

At the end of the shoot Rebecca's dress was definately quite a bit wet, but not anything a good dry cleaning couldn't fix and I think we got the images that they had envisioned.

How cute are they?













1 comment:

Chris and Lydia said...

Beautiful! And I LOVE her dress!